Monday, April 2, 2012

Tsali!

The biggest race of the year is Tsali for me and it is always the first. Usually, I am out of shape and not ready to race. Last year I broke my chain about 5 miles in and hiked out. Not this year... Instead I made the painful trek for thirty miles. I felt good for about the first 12, then it was a long race.

Lucky for me I had a good start and was about 5th or 6th in the trail, then it was just about trying to hang on to the rider in front of me. Some how I ended up in third place (and won the expert field), I was worried I was not going to be able to hold on after I cracked. Anyways, it was a great race and a great start to the season. My teammates of course did awesome too! We had an awesome weekend.

I also won the time trial the day before. Kym had bad luck on the trail and got a flat, so she helped me finish strong in my race.

I wish every weekend could be like this one. It was awesome. I would like a repeat :).

This is me finishing my race!! I have never been so happy to be finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment