Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bump

I think there is only one good thing in Alabama... Bump n Grind.

Last weekend I made the long solo drive to Birmingham Alabama. Of course I got stuck on I 20 for an hour going about 5 miles per hour because of construction. I was thinking I could take my bike of my rack and ride faster than I was driving. If it wasn't 100 degrees I would have.

My race started off good, I got off the front and was quickly out of site. For some reason I didn't feel great but all I needed to do was finish. At the top of the climb right before blood rock I decided to check my rear tire. Something didn't feel right. Sure enough my rear tire was low. So I put air in it and made it down blood rock. Unfortunately, my tire kept going low, and I eventually slit my tire and it went flat. I still had nine or ten miles to go...

I am not the best at changing tubes, it took me a very long time to fix it and three women passed me by the time I was back on the bike. I was able to make up time and catch two women to finish in second.

This weekend is Chattanooga. I love Raccoon mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment