Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tanasi

Third weekend in a row of racing! I am wrecked, and ready for a weekend off. Tanasi was fun and always a great venue. You can't go wrong with a weekend of camping, swimming in the Ocoee and bike racing!

Tanasi is a climbing course, you go up hill and then you go down. Unfortunately for me I didn't bring my climbing legs. I forgot them at home.  So the race started out hard, I was third in the woods behind Kym and Paula and felt good. Then I didn't feel good, soon the whole field passed me and I was dead last. I talked myself into going hard again and slowly caught people. Eventually I was back in fourth. No for long though. I had to do another lap and I was climbing slow. Fifth place caught me and passed me. Thank goodness for Thunderrock express and my awesome Superfly. I was able to catch her and I won the sprint for fourth place.  Not a great race for my legs but tons of fun!

Of course my teammates did awesome Kym won, Paula third, Emily and Stephanie both did awesome! And prego Krisiti cheering us all on :).  Kym posted an awesome picture of Kym, Paula and I at the start of the race. Check out her blog!

Here are some pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment