Friday, April 30, 2010

Twilight and Fort Yargo!

I am falling behind on my weekend blog posts!

A few weekends ago was a good weekend for me. The weather was crappy but we still had fun. Saturday morning was the twilight greenway cat 3/4 crit. Sunday was the 4th SERC race at Fort Yargo.

I thought we were going to miss the rain since it said only 30% chance of rain but the weatherman was wrong it was 100%. It was pouring when I woke up and pouring during our race. The race is a short 30 minute crit and I was hoping to finish top 3. This was my first crit of the year and I was on a new bike - I wasn't sure how I would feel on the corners. I decided that I was going to race hard- like a mountain biker, I kept attacking and they kept bringing me back. On my last attack I lucked out- there were 3 laps to go, once they saw the lap signs everyone sat in and waited for the sprint. I was able to get away, plus it was raining so I was able to make time on the corners, my bike was so smooth, I couldn't feel a bump, I felt comfortable. I went as hard as I could the last 10 minutes and managed to keep away. I was super excited I won my first race of the year! Maybe next year I'll start the big girl race.

Reid rode a tough crit in the afternoon. It poured during his race and I was happy he didn't crash. Later that afternoon, Kym, Anina and Marc met us early at out house- their pre-ride was cut short from the rain.

We made the trip to downtown in the rain to watch the big races. But not before we made a short stop to Target on our way to get rain boots. Which were great to stand in the rain.

I woke up Sunday hoping to not finish dead last at Fort Yargo. My legs hurt from the day before from the race and standing around downtown watching the festivities. As an expert my skills are no where as good as the other riders, so I decided that I would try to stick to a wheel and stay on that wheel as long as I could. It worked out well for me. I finished fifth overall and third in the expert field. I was super pumped. It was the best expert result for me so far this year! Kym and Anina of course rocked. They have been getting 1-2 all year, they are awesome!


Pics are coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment