Sunday, April 25, 2010

Columbus

Last weekend Reid and I made the trip over to Columbus GA. We spent the night before in Atlanta with the in-laws, who made us an amazing dinner - steaks, mashed potatoes, and key lime pie. The next morning we got up super early and drove to Columbus. Reid has finals in a couple of weeks, so we decided to save time and chose not pre-ride the course. We were hoping it was going to be the same course as last year. Lucky for us it was. Unfortunately for me I didn't remember any of it.

The race for me started well. I was second wheel for the beginning couple miles. Then I lost sight of the first rider and thought I was going to make up a lot of time going really hard up the dirt road. Too bad the dirt road wasn't part of the trail and I had to turn around. I lost two spots. I rode hard for the rest of the course, it was a fun and fast race, but I had hoped to finish a little better. Oh well, there will be more races.

No comments:

Post a Comment