Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Flat Rock



After two weeks off from racing, Reid and I made the journey to Columbus Georgia. I skipped BUMP this year and kept Reid company on his first all day Saturday Bar review class. Don't worry I still had awesome rides for that weekend... the weekend group rides are always a good time in Athens. Except they are at 8 AM and it takes me two hours to wake up, but you are home by noon.



Last Thursday I got to skip work and go help out at a kid's mountain bike camp in Oconee County. Fun times! Nothing like hanging out with awesome kids who like to mountain bike. In addition, I got lots of skill practice for the berms at Flat rock.


So...I coerced Reid into coming with me to race Flat Rock and I'm glad I did. He had a great race and got on the podium. My race went well and I felt good. I am feeling better than I did last year at this time- I had crashed bad on the road last year and my back was getting worse.

Unfortunately, we did not pre ride this race, but we never do. It is a race that should be pre road because there are so many turns and it is easy to get lost. I get lost every year... Luckily, I was able to hang on to Kym's wheel for most of the first lap- so I didn't miss any turns- but once we got into the tight single speed I lost her quickly. She has such good handling skills.  I managed to hang on to a couple of guys which kept her close until the last lap.  I need to work on my last lap. Anyways I had a great race and a great time hanging out with friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment